Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't Blink, You Might Miss Something

I had wanted to add just one more Vegas post and this week's iPhone Photo Phun is the perfect opportunity.

I'm both a little proud and ashamed to say that I really didn't miss my family much while on my girl's trip. I think Elijah was slightly put out by that and there were times that I wished I had him along for the adventure, but I can honestly say that I never once thought "Gee, I wish the kids were here."

Not a single time.

In fact, I kept marveling at the fact that I wasn't homesick for them. I'd call daily and chat for a bit, but other than that, I didn't think twice about what they were up to. I knew they were safe and probably having more fun with their father than they usually have with me. It never occurred to me to miss them.

Until I got the following photos while waiting to board my plane home...







Y'all, my baby boy learned to ride his bike while I was in VEGAS!! I cannot believe it. I was so proud of him.

And so sorry that I had missed it.



Linking this up with those wild and crazy 
iPhone Photo Phun gals:
 
iPhone Photo Phun

Also linking up for Wordful Wednesday at Seven Clown Circus.