Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Ugly Truth

Bruna from Bees With Honey has created a new meme called "BEE beautiful You" and it couldn't have come soon enough. I've been a bit absent here, not because I don't have anything to say, I just can't seem to find the energy (or desire) to say it.

I've been struggling with myself lately. These cyclical feelings of self-loathing are starting to become a recurring theme of my life. And of this blog.

That's not what I want. It's not truly who I am. It's just how I'm feeling right now.

I don't want to be a downer. I don't want people to stop visiting because it's depressing, or because I'm too needy. I want to make people smile and laugh. I want to smile and laugh.

I know that I have so many things to be grateful for: a healthy family, a home, wonderful friends, the opportunity to work in a field that I love. I have so many blessings in my life, which is why I'm baffled by this feeling of being constantly overwhelmed.

I realize that posts for this meme are supposed to be about celebrating either yourself, or another woman's inner and outer beauty.  I guess posting about the inability to find my own beauty is a bit off topic. However, I linked up because I'm hoping to find inspiration in my fellow bloggers. People who have been able to find their light. Women, whom I admire, who just might give me a little hope so that next month, when this meme comes back around, I'll have something beautiful to say.



BEE Beautiful You