Monday, May 17, 2010

Jose Cuervo

...you are a friend of mine.

For Mother's Day, Elijah bought me my new favorite Austin travel book. It's called eat.shop austin. I decided to use it to pick my birthday dinner spot. I found a Mexican place in South Austin, where they serve avocado margarita's, called Curra's Grill. Now maybe everyone else is cooler than I and has had (or at least heard of) an avocado margarita, but I hadn't and I'd been eagerly anticipating this dinner experience all week. Let me just say that it totally lived up to the hype in my head.


The place was perfect. The food was good and the atmosphere was loud (which is always a good thing when you're bringing small children along.) It had highchairs and crayons and was filled with locals. Definitely a place we'll go to again.