Friday, May 14, 2010

Life is a Highway

To commemorate my 33rd birthday, I've put together a list of 33 things that illustrate what a kick ass ride it's been thus far.

They are in no particular order.
  1. Elijah, ten years with a remarkable man; and counting!
  2. Asher, the name is stolen but the boy is all mine.
  3. Amelia Grace, named for my Granny and born two months before she passed.
  4. Winston Chesterfield Ogden III, or Chester, or Chest-head, or Chester-Westerkins.
  5. A full week of sunshine in Ireland.
  6. An Associate of Arts Degree in Russian
  7. Caramel Macchiatos, the perfect reminder of my year as a nanny in New York.
  8. A 2008, Oklahoma City Half Marathon finisher's medal with a time of 2:12:53.
  9. Back Spasms, from the weight gain (and loss) of over 120 lbs total.
  10. A chilled Hoegaarden in it's appropriate hexagonal glass.
  11. Well worn Capezio jazz shoes, a reminder of my days at BYU as a dance major.
  12. A fairly impressive collection of Kate Spade bags.
  13. A delicious enchiladas verdes con pollo recipe I've perfected over the past ten years.
  14. Six years of honorable service in the United States Air Force.
  15. Appreciation for a good Australian Shiraz.
  16. Riedell Quad Speed Skates, pre roller derby.
  17. My RN License.
  18. Getting my wedding dress at 16 and wearing it at 22.
  19. A house that always smells of homemade Chex Mix at Christmastime
  20. A picture of me, seven months pregnant with my second child, at my very first New Kids on the Block concert!
  21. An African Violet that has survived the moves from our very first home in Maryland, to our new place in Texas
  22. Scotch kisses from See's Candy. Something my Granny always sent on special occasions.
  23. Kicking my American Spirits smoking habit.
  24. Learning how amazing food can taste when cooked with bacon grease.
  25. Taking Asher to Disneyland.
  26. Summers at the Grand Canyon.
  27. Hook echo!
  28. A love for literature which has given me insight and knowledge as well as escape.
  29. Learning to drive a stick first.
  30. Marching in the 102nd Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena.
  31. My very first Easy Bake Oven, a gift from Elijah our first Christmas together.
  32. Mayan coffee at the Aventura Spa Palace.
  33. A whirlwind move to Texas!