Monday, January 23, 2012

Treading Water

My house is a wreck.

There are piles of toys, books and clothes all over the floors while papers, dirty dishes, and miscellaneous trinkets cover the shelves, counters and tables.

My bed isn't made.

The kid's rooms are just as bad and I haven't the energy nor the desire to straighten or clean them.

I missed my run...

...this weekend, and this morning.

My blog hasn't been updated and I'm feeling behind on everything.

House guests and sickness have made free time illusive and cleaning nearly impossible. I was really looking forward to spending a few days this week catching up on the house, my blog, my sanity.

But you know what they say about the best laid plans.

Last night, Amelia became feverish so I'm home again, with a sick kid, a ton to do, and no relief in sight.

I know there are worse things than a few days at home in a messy house with a sick kid. I realize that I could have it so much worse. I am trying to put things into perspective without completely losing my shit about the little things. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'm well enough adjusted to do that right now.

So I'm starting small. I'll do a few loads of laundry, try to collect the wayward dishes and write a little something here.

Tomorrow, I might be able to do more.

Today, that has to be enough.