Friday, January 6, 2012

Two Years In

My first post here was January 6, 2010.

I started my blog for the sole purpose of putting things down. I wanted to start writing, to express my private thoughts and feelings. I wanted to use my blog as a way to remember and grow. I never considered having anybody, other than close friends and family, read these words, and I rarely even considered that while writing earlier posts.

I created a place for me. A place where I could express frustration and joy. A place where bragging, as well as bitching, about life and family was allowed. I never expected more than this.

This past year, I opened up. I quit lurking on other blogs and started connecting with the people behind the stories I'd been reading. I quit writing fluff and started writing what was real for me. I quit hiding and started to announce myself to those I felt a connection with.

I've felt intimidated.

I've felt vulnerable.

I've felt judged.

I've also felt accepted, understood and loved.

This space has become a refuge for my soul and a meeting place for my heart. I am so very grateful to all who've spent time here in the past and especially those who are still with me today. This has become a more comforting place then I ever imagined. It's become my online home and I look forward to spending another year, working on being as open and honest in my words as you've been in yours.

Thank you all so very much.

I write for me, I hit publish for you.