Friday, January 27, 2012

What I Am


I am a mother. 


I keep laundry and faces clean.

I oversee homework, appointments, and activities, read stories and correct grammar.

I make imaginary meals during tea parties and pack lunches for school.

I ward off nightmares and kiss boo boos, wipe noses and bottoms.

I am the first in the morning and the last at bedtime. 



I am a wife.


I encourage and support, listen and share.

I am the planner of social activities, vacations and family outings.

I lighten the load, update, remind, and help manage our life.

I am a sounding board for both bad days and good ideas.

I am the kiss in the morning and the whisper at bedtime.



I am a nurse.


I calm fears and comfort grief.

I tend to both seen and unseen hurts. 

I listen and teach, supplying resources and hope.

I provide compassionate care without regard to status or station.

I am the smile in the morning and the comfort at bedtime.


I am a woman.


I suffer moments of loneliness and nagging insecurities.

I need patience, trust and acceptance free from conditions.

I have my own dreams, independent of those dependent on me.

I fear losing control of everything while trying to have it all.

I am overwhelmed in the morning and depleted at bedtime.