Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm Still Standing

Don't worry, I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere. I haven't abandoned my little corner of the blogosphere. I'm simply recovering and enjoying some hard earned silence. I'm enjoying it so much, in fact, that this little blog is not the only thing in my world that's suffering.

Up until yesterday, I had my laundry separated into various piles of "cleanliness" scattered around my bedroom. I still had a pile in the suitcase from Florida. My floors haven't been vacuumed or mopped for over a month. My sheets we're in desperate need of a washing, and I'm just way too embarrassed to talk about the shape my bathrooms were in. Let me just say that Asher is inconsistent about lifting the seat and I've not even cleaned our guest toilet. Talk about the height of lazy!

I just couldn't seem to get off my ass. I was able to finish three books so I guess I felt like I'd accomplished something in between the long stretches of laying around.

We buckled down yesterday. Elijah cleared out the garage and I went through the house tackling the floors, laundry, bedrooms, bedding, and at least two bathrooms. Waking up this morning to a cleaner house gave me the much needed motivation to revisit this space. I can't wait to share what I've been up to these past weeks, aside from all that slacking off!