Monday, September 12, 2011

Waking Up in Vegas

I am back from my Las Vegas Girls Trip!!! I think I'll just go ahead and try to get a week's worth of posts out of those four days, so be warned...it may start getting old.



I had envisioned a Vegas trip that would have made Katy Perry proud. Unfortunately, I failed miserably. Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful trip. And we actually visited several places that we talked about seeing, doing, and shopping at during our four month planning session. Our original plan was to spend four days shopping, laying out by the pool drinking margaritas, eating amazing food and spending some quiet time getting reacquainted.

However, somewhere between the initial commitment to the trip and the months leading up to the actual take-off, I began to envision a far more wild and crazy girls weekend. Jello shots, late nights gambling, dancing all night with the other hoochies at the clubs, meeting wicked hot celebrities, and coming home with enough money for both our families to retire together on a tropical paradise with a chef, a housekeeper and a nanny for the kids.

Alas, that was not how the trip unfolded. For one, Kathy and I were completely incapable of staying up any later than 10pm. AND we got up at 7am every morning. This was NOT part of the plan, but we simply could not get onboard with the two hour time difference. Plus, we rationalized that since it was OUR vacation we could go to bed whenever we wanted!

In your face, Vegas night life!!!

The fact that I didn't come home with a four day hangover, a multi-million dollar cashier's check from the roulette table, or the phone numbers from my Top Five Celebrities list is okay with me, really. We still had a great trip; a trip that was perfect in it's imperfections. Kathy and I discovered that we travel well together, there was minimal catiness and absolutely no arguing about each other's bathroom routines.

Today's post is how I failed to produce a Katy Perry worthy trip to Vegas. Tomorrow I'll share a bit more about how two suburban ladies party down in the City of Sin!