Friday, October 22, 2010

Hang In There

I know I've been very neglectful of my blog these past few weeks. I just wanted to stop in to let my faithful readers know that it's going to get better.

The move is almost complete and soon I'll have more than mere moments to spare during the day. We have all the big stuff done and we're living in the new place, but the old house still has a bunch of little things that need to be shuttled over to the house. We didn't pack much in boxes since our new home is only a few miles from the rental. We've been loading and unloading little knick knacks, books, and miscellaneous items incessantly over the past few weeks. I'm starting to think it's less of a blessing and more of a curse to have extra time to move!

The kids are settling in. We didn't move Asher out of his school, he'll finish this year out and then start up at the new school next fall. Amelia is still unsure about the house. She's been so needy these days, I can't seem to get anything done when she's awake. The only time she isn't all over me is when she's watching the Wiggles so we're currently wearing them out. I can't help it, I've got to do SOME unpacking during the day and I'm so exhausted that I've been napping with her instead of getting things settled while she sleeps.

All in all, we love the new house and are really excited to make it our own. I'm just trying to give myself time and not get inpatient that I can't do it all at once. I'll be back in the swing of things soon enough.