Thursday, May 12, 2011

I'll Be There For You

I can't explain my continuing love for you, but it's there. I own, and still enjoy watching, every season. If I'm flipping through channels, I always stop on you becoming completely engrossed as if I don't know what's going to happen next. I still find quoting you to be totally relevant, which may explain some of the odd looks I get in social situations, but people who "get me" understand.
  • "How you doin'?"
  • "I know!"
  • "We were on a break!"
  • "Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?
      Smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault."
  • "Not just a hat rack my friend."
  • "Fine by me!"
  • "Pivot! Pivot!"
  • "You fell ASLEEEP?!!!"
  •  Rachel to Ross: "And just so you know, it doesn't happen to every guy, it's not all that common and it is a big deal."
    Chandler: "I knew it!" 
  • "Ah, salmon skin roll."
  • "We got some Vicks in some places."

As far as television shows go these days, in my estimation, nothing has been able to replace you. I long for my "Must See TV," looking forward to spending Thursdays curled up in front of the television with a beer and some popcorn. Wondering what's going to happen with Ross & Rachel, being excited to see Monica & Chandler get together, plus at the end they added Paul Rudd. PAUL RUDD!!!!

I will always love you and make room for you in my life. And I promise that once the kids are gone, and I'm retired, I'll spend an entire week watching every season from beginning to end. After all you've given me, I feel like you deserve a little of me in return.

P.S. If this post seems a bit incoherent, it's because I was actually watching Friends while writing this and it's totally distracting!


Written in response to a prompt from Mama Kat's.
#5. Write a love letter to someone (some thing?) you love.
    Mama’s Losin’ It