Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not Just My Big Day

Elijah had to work on my birthday. Not actual work, but he had to work on one of our cars so he spent about 6 hours or so at his shop. It was a total bummer, not just because I didn't get to start my birthday with a delicious pancake breakfast, but also because I had the kids all day...ALONE.

And Asher had his yellow belt test.



Normally, during Asher's Taekwondo class Amelia and I run around the shopping center where his Dojang is located. She literally RUNS around the sidewalk and I just try to keep up and prevent her from falling. This time though, I really wanted to see Asher test so I pulled out the big guns...the iPad. I've already loaded some kids apps for her and we sometimes use it during Asher's swimming lessons so I can watch, but taking it to Taekwondo was a special treat for her.


Unfortunately, after AN HOUR AND A HALF of waiting the novelty wore off and we were back outside running around the shopping center, me crying on the phone to Elijah (who was working on the car) that I was going to miss my baby's first board breaking test. The tears were for naught though, we made it back in time to see him break his first board.



And my boy is now a yellow belt!