Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Madness

The kids and I arrived home safe and sound after a 900 mile round trip drive. That sentence right there is truly a miracle. This summer's drive was better than last summer and I'm anticipating that next summer's will totally rock.

I have to admit that I am not enjoying being back into the swing of things. Vacationing in Pryor totally rocks. I am NOT joking. I don't have to cook, there is a swimming pool outside my bedroom door, the kids sleep in because they are exhausted from the combination of sun and water, I actually have quiet time to read...I could go on and on. I take the kids out there twice a summer and I've already decided that August's trip is going to be longer.

Since being home I've done load after load of laundry (don't get me started on how I came home with ONLY clean clothes), made two dinners, run some overdue errands, and gone grocery shopping. I am about two chores away from loading the kids up and running back to Oklahoma.

It is nice to be back with Elijah though. I missed him and I know the kids are happy to have their playing parent back. We leave for another family trip (all together this time) in about two weeks so I'm just hoping I can endure the home mommy mode until then.