Thursday, December 30, 2010

God Only Knows

Eleven years ago I was 22 years old. I had spent some time, not nearly enough most adults would say, exploring a few corners of this world. I was young, skinny and insecure. I knew I hated seafood and I loved the East Coast. My hair was short and I wore a uniform every day to work.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like much has changed since then. Except of course, I'm older, rounder and more sure of myself. I have actually been to more corners of the world but I still hate seafood and would happily move back to the East Coast if given the opportunity. My hair, after going through it's own identity crisis, is short again and I've found a different uniform to wear to work every day.

Throughout the years one thing has remained constant, in fact, the greatest thing about the past eleven years is that I've gotten to take every trip, reshape my figure (courtesy of my two darling children), and find my latest uniform, with Elijah by my side. None of this would mean nearly as much to me, hell none of this would have happened without the love and support of my dearest friend.

Happy Anniversary, my love. To me we're the same crazy kids we were ALL those years ago!.


(image courtesy of James Dear)