Monday, February 14, 2011

Tree Hugger

My husband likes hobbies. He doesn't have just one or two, he'll start any new hobby so long as it's interesting (and costly). He's been through countless different interests during our years together, and while some (like photography) have stuck, other's (RC cars) haven't been able to hold his interest longer than the first $500. He has however always been interested in gardening. He loves to plan and build gardens, plant outside and in pots, and basically try against all odds to keep me from killing living things. I suppose it consistently presents a new, ever evolving challenge to him.

This weekend he decided to plant trees. Considering that last Tuesday he was trying to convince me that we needed to invest 7k in a new "project car," I was thrilled to be headed to a nursery instead of some shady car lot. After dragging Asher on Saturday to various local nurseries and chatting with people in the know, he decided to plant a Chocolate Persimmon and a Pomegranate tree.

I didn't get any pictures of the boys digging and planting because, once Amelia went down for a nap on Sunday, I headed to my room to catch up on Season Three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Don't judge me!) I do have some "after" shots of Elijah posing next to our new, not too pricey, sticks in the ground.