Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

I'm back again and I know I have a ton of catching you up to do! Just let me get this longish post out about prepping for the new school year and we'll be back to business as usual around here.

I'm relieved that we are on our final summer lazy week, but also a little anxious about heading into the new school year. I still haven't gotten Asher's school supplies and he desperately needs a pair of new shoes. What can I say....it's classic me. I start strong and am pretty deflated by the end of summer.

Asher has taken full advantage of this week. He's been up the past two nights well past midnight (we didn't give him a bedtime this week, but we aren't staying up with him either). Last night I found him munching away on his secret stash of junk food at 0245! He'll likely sleep past ten today and we'll move him back to a normal bedtime a few days before the start of school, but he's really enjoyed having this freedom.

My final week isn't turning out to be so relaxing. Yesterday I think I folded and put away at least six loads of laundry. Stripped the sheets, straightened the house, unpacked the kids, I am getting just a sick of doing all this things over and over again as you are of reading about it! I really hoping to have more interesting things to write about. Maybe I should start some anti-laundry experiment and report back. Since we're all online it shouldn't matter that I'd be blogging in dirty clothes, right?

Anyway, thanks for hanging in here. I can't imagine this was anything more than cathartic for me. I am looking forward to having something more interesting to write about soon!