Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Always Be My Baby




One year ago today I met my baby girl for the first time.

She was just as beautiful then as she is now, pretty much; give or take some teeth, a little extra baby fat, and those adorable wispy pieces of hair that have begun to curl up behind her ears. And that laugh, there is nothing like her laugh. The three of us will do the most ridiculous things just to hear that laugh. Alright, so maybe she's gotten a little cuter over the past year.

She is, however, just as wide eyed and full of wonder at the world around her as she was that first day. Amelia didn't cry when she was born she just looked around, those big, gray eyes taking in every detail, eager to learn.

Amelia, I look forward to watching as you continue to unlock the secrets of your world. I hope you discover your own beauty as you experience the beauty around you, and that, by creating your own little miracles, you come to realize what a miracle you are to me.

Happy Birthday, my dearest girl.