Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost In The Supermarket

Or...Things That Work Perfectly Well but I Still Want to Replace.

As I go through my daily routines around the house, I realize that I own several items that I want to replace. Most of the items work perfectly well but that doesn't stop me from wanting the newest edition with all the fancy upgrades. It's a moral dilemma for me, and I haven't acted on the buying impulse yet, I've just noticed that the pull is much stronger since I'm not working. I guess spending more time at home gives me more time to spend thinking about what I want to BUY for my home.

I'm including a list to highlight some of the of lovely things I want, I'll update if/when the pull to purchase overrides my better judgment.


1. Washer/Dryer - Look at how beautiful they are!! Who wouldn't love to do laundry with those machines?


2. CHI Flat Iron - Hair straightening can't possibly seem like a chore with a pretty pink straightener.


3. Le Creuset Set - Don't even try to tell me this won't make everything I cook taste even better!


4. MacBook Pro - Are you even allowed to have a blog without using a MacBook to update? I better check into that.


5. Round Kitchen Table - We've had our table for over eight years and I've always wanted a pretty white pedestal table.


I had a few more things to add, but this post is starting to make me feel sad and shallow. Am I the only person who wants to throw out perfectly good items in exchange for something new and shiny? Maybe if I donate my older stuff that will assuage the guilt...