Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

This book has been sitting on my shelf for at least two years. I had really wanted to read it, but something else always seemed to be more interesting or pressing, and after looking at the spine for two years I think I just stopped seeing it.

That being said, I am so glad I picked it up. This was a wonderful, super fast read. (I think I finished it in eight days.) I loved the story, the characters, the setting, everything. I loved that it was written by a man. I would recommend this book to everyone. The story is enveloping and warm; reading this book made me feel like I was in a wonderful hot tub, surrounded by bubbles. Read it; you won't be sorry, it'll be time well spent.

I'm even excited about seeing the movie, and I rarely want to see movies that have been made from books that I've loved. In this case though, I don't care what they do to the story, I just have to see those kimonos!