Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eat For Two

Chester is starting to get fat; I'm mean he is really tubbing out.

I hadn't even noticed, as Chester has pretty much become the neglected child, it was Elijah who pointed it out. We had to board Chester when we spent the weekend house hunting in Austin and they charged us based on his weight. Well, Chester clocked in at about 24 pounds. Seemed small enough to me, but Elijah was quick to point out that, with Chester's normal weight being 20 pounds, he had gained about 20% of his body weight this year. And since I'm so bad at math, he had to add that that's like me gaining a little over 25 pounds. (And now you all, if you're better at math than I am, know how much I weigh!)

I could not understand how he was getting so fat. We haven't switched his food or how we've been feeding him. Everything seems basically the same as it's always been. We have always free fed Chester so he only eats his food when he's hungry.

I was musing about our fat little Westie the other day after dinner and the answer suddenly came to me...