Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home

Well, it happened this past Monday. We finally sold our home in Moore, Oklahoma.

Due to the drawn out drama that lead up to the closing, I was more relieved than sad to have that whole ordeal behind us. There was far more uncertainty in the process than I was comfortable with. However, in the end, and after two contract extensions, the original buyers were able to fund their loan and we are no longer paying for two homes.

Phew!

Now that the papers are signed and the funds wired to our bank, I feel like I can actually take some time to reflect on the five years that we spent in our second home. A little stroll down memory lane, if you will.

Initially, I was sad about selling the house. I wasn't sad about moving but I was sad about leaving our lovely home. I fell in love with that house the moment I set foot in it. I remember our first night there, laying on a blow up mattress because our furniture hadn't yet arrived, listening to the sound of train whistles blowing in the distance. While I didn't love everything about the structure of the house, (I thought the master bathroom was ridiculously small and I hated that we had to walk halfway across the house to get to the nearest restroom while watching a movie in the living room), I did however, love the life we shared together these past five years.

And so, to commemorate our years spent in our Oklahoma home, I put together this wonderfully sappy slideshow. Enjoy!