Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Grown Up Christmas List

I promised Elijah a wish list. He hates wish lists, but after ten years of being married to a control freak, he desperately needs one. He used to buy me the most amazing presents. I remember our first Christmas together, before we were married, he bought me an Easy Bake Oven (and baked cakes with me) because he remembered that I'd never received one as a little girl. Now he says that the best present I could get him is to just buy my presents myself. I think he just needs a little nudge in order to be reminded of how thoughtful he truly can be.

Sweetheart, this list is merely meant to point you in the right direction.


Monogrammed Mugs from Anthropologie - I want enough to spell out our last name along with little hooks to hang them by the coffee maker.


A place to hang my running medals - I want it customized to say "Run Like A Girl"


Next year's reading list is going to include books recommended by NPR, I'd love you to pick out a few that you think I'd enjoy. So far I'm interested in the following:

The Boy: A Holocaust Story
Unbroken
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
When They Come For Us, We'll Be Gone: The Epic Struggle to Save Soviet Jewry



Carrying on a tradition that meant so much to me would be wonderfully thoughtful.


I'm running low on pajama pants. I know you think it's lame, but I LOVE wearing pajamas (and am pretty much always in them) so a few new pairs are in order. I prefer the flannel pants with t-shirts to the flannel sets.




I'm due for some new cookbooks. This one is on my wishlist, but you can look for some other ones and surprise me if you'd like.



Still at a loss and feel like splurging?

This should give you a pretty good idea of what I'd like to have under the tree. Surprises are also nice so dig deep and look back at all the things I've lusted after over the past year - I know you hang on every word I say!