Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Coat of Paint

Well, I couldn't wait. I had to write about what we've been working on in Asher's room. It's not finished by any means, but I feel like we've really accomplished a lot so far, and I wanted to show it off!

Elijah and I decided that after we were settled into the new house, the first projects we'd tackle would be decorating/updating the kid's rooms. I always pictured Pottery Barn-esque rooms and have thus far fallen dismally short of my personal expectations. I vowed this time it would be different. We settled on a Super Mario Bros. theme for Asher's room and set to work.

Through my extensive online research (read: pouring over image after image of "Super Mario room" Google'd results) I thought it best to paint the entire room a sky blue. I chose Glidden's Pool Party, but had them mix it in Behr's semi-gloss. I make it sound so easy, but seriously the paint choice took longer than any other part of this project!



Before. Asher's blank canvas.


An unwilling assistant cutting in. I suck at cutting in.


Totally worth the work, look at this adorably helpful boy!


Elijah's first, but definitely not last, crown moulding job.


I'm not usually this happy when I paint, Elijah must have been making me laugh.


Finished, with the bed.

We've since moved the bed further up and moved Asher and all of his crap stuff into the room. We've got some more work to do on the walls and I'll definitely post when it's finished. We are cutting it really close to our November deadline. We're supposed to start on Amelia's room in December.


P.S. I realize that all the blues look different. The true color is closest on the pictures of Elijah.