Monday, November 15, 2010

Simple Man


I married a Texas born, Oklahoma raised, simple kind of man. He had always pictured himself married with two children, and was willing to wait almost six years until I could picture it too. After serving four years behind a desk in the Air Force, he knew he wanted to make a career doing anything but sitting all day. While I always imagined I'd marry a scholarly man, I accepted, with some trepidation, his decision to pursue what he dreamed. In our ten years together I can honestly say that he has never steered me wrong. He is a thoughtful man when it comes to making decisions while I'm more hasty and impatient.

He is the reason we have such a wonderful life together. Which is why I didn't hesitate to make another one of his dreams a reality. We are now the proud owners of...


...a garage fridge dedicated entirely to beer (ish)!

Our new home came with a fridge so we had an extra one and Elijah was finally able to fulfill a lifelong dream of filling a refrigerator entirely with beer. After everything he's done for me, this was the very least I could do. Plus, I get to fill the freezer side with Edy's seasonal peppermint ice cream so I can enjoy it year round!