Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bang The Drum All Day

I realize it may seem that I have dropped out this week, but I assure you that is not the case.

I got a job.

A real live, leave the house, talk to adults, practice my craft, hone my skills, make new friends JOB!

I've spent the past three days in HR orientation for the hospital and will work my first shifts this Saturday and Sunday. I'm very excited about the new position and am anxious to get started. I am also however, totally freaked out about going back on the floor. I'm hoping it's like riding a bike and I'll pick up right where I left off.

Elijah and I decided that I wouldn't take a full time position but would instead work a couple days a week (mostly weekends) so that I could still be home, during the weekdays, with the kids. Although I complain about how crazy they make me, I do want to be home with them as long as I possibly can. Hopefully this job will give me just enough time away from the house and kids to recharge, so I can begin to feel like a whole person again.

I will let you know how it goes!