Thursday, August 12, 2010

Behind Blue Eyes

The most unbelievable blue eyes I've ever seen belong to my first born child, my baby boy, Asher.

I have brown eyes and my husband's are hazel so seeing Asher's bright blue eyes at birth was miraculous to us. I remember worrying, during his first year, that they would change. It wasn't so much about the color. I think, instead, that I was afraid I'd lose the daily reminder of the perfect blue eyes I first saw on the day of his birth.

Throughout these past six years those eyes have been a constant reminder of that indescribable moment; when I first became a mother. He was born silent, and continued that silence for those first 24 hours in the hospital. He seemed almost thoughtful as if he was taking in his new world, his eyes filled with wonder.

The only thing that's really changed since that first day is the silence. I swear, that child is physically unable to be quiet. But he is still such a thoughtful boy, always trying to figure out the world around him. Questioning how things work and where he belongs. It is such a privilege to take this journey with him and see the world through his eyes.



















This post is written in response to a prompt from:

Mama's Losin' It