Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Suppermassive Black Hole

Poor Chester.

Poor neglected, under appreciated, left to rot in a kennel while we party it up in Dallas, Chester.

Last week I took Chester to get groomed who, by the way loves it so much, he has to be sedated. Later that evening Elijah mentioned that the bump on Chester's left side seemed to have grown. I figured it was simply more pronounced due to his newly shorn skin and proceeded to file that concern under things that I'll worry about when both kids are in school and I finally have time to poop in peace. (That's right, I said poop.)

Fast forward to Sunday evening when a sulking Chester is finally freed from his captors, or as I put it, when we pay $30 for someone else to listen to him bark all weekend. Elijah is even more concerned about this growth and while the "before children Chester mommy" would have rushed him to the nearest emergency vet, the new "totally exhausted mom of two REAL kids" wanted to try the more cost effective, wait and see approach.

Monday morning comes with a POP. That's right, Chester's growth-like cyst of nastiness popped overnight leaving remnants on Asher's sheets. Yick. Elijah cleaned it up and dug out the remaining whatever the hell it was while I held Chester, averting my eyes. It was an extreme form of gross. I had never seen anything like it. I was so disgusted.

I'll take poop over puss any day.