Monday, August 9, 2010

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong

Do you know how far a man will go to prove his wife wrong?

I do. Or at least I know how far my husband will go to prove me wrong. I don't blame him. He so rarely gets to be right he's willing to do almost anything for a chance to point out any of my erroneous behaviors.

During our Dallas weekend, Elijah got a parking ticket while parked in front of a Hooters where he had taken our children for lunch.

(Yep, go ahead and read that sentence again.)

Anyway, upon our return home, he had been the one to unpack the car. I specifically remember requesting that he put everything "all the way away," rather than the usual unload into the kitchen for Marina to trip over until she finally breaks down and unpacks all the suitcases, does laundry and puts up all the miscellaneous crap we can't seem to ever leave at home.

After he had finished unloading, I remembered seeing that neon green ticket on the table where he'd put all the other trash from the weekend. I asked him to clean it up and can't recall anything else about that evening. The next day he asked if I'd paid the ticket. Knowing that we only had ten days before the fine increased, I frantically search the house to no avail.

Elijah is ADAMANT that I threw away the ticket while clearing the table. I am a compulsive "clearer," meaning I don't necessarily clean, so much as throw stuff away in an attempt to win the battle against our ever present clutter. Now, I cannot imagine that I would have mistaken a bright neon green envelope for trash but he will not let it go. Finally I make some comment about how he should go out and check the garbage if he's so sure I threw it out.




He feels so very vindicated in this shot (not a recreation by the way).

Unfortunately, had he actually put everything ALL THE WAY AWAY per my initial request, the ticket would not have been discarded. So I still sort of win, on a technicality.