Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday I'm In Love

...the "Label Whore" edition.

That's right. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I embrace it, and if you feel the same way, I'd advise you to do the same.

Now, on to the list!



First off, I am of lover of all things Kate Spade. Her bags are not only beautifully made, they are understated and classically styled. I love that I can use them season after season. I'd been hoping for a fantastic iPhone cover and she has come through for me yet again. This is the EXACT color of my current (cheap plastic) phone cover only it has her lovely touch.


image courtesy of Wikivisual

Burberry Nova Check. Nothing says "label whore" more than my desire to own something, ANYTHING that bears this iconic design. Wallet, bag, hat, shoes, scarf, hell I'd even take an umbrella. There is an outlet nearby and I've already made one window shopping visit. I predict the second visit will turn this "want" into a "have."


image courtesy of tristinstyling

I'm not a big fan of coach. I don't fault the coach groupies. I can see the appeal of some of their pieces. I just don't usually like their collection. Then I saw Bride Wars and the Coach Legacy Gigi bag worn by Anne Hathaway's character. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, it was also a few seasons past and completely impossible to find in the Whiskey color shown in the picture. I have an ongoing search on Ebay and they spring up occasionally. I'm just having trouble convincing Elijah to pony up the $300+ for this bag.



Look at that sole! Pair these amazing Louboutin's with jeans and a white ribbed tank and you have an outfit that perfectly expresses my personal style: lazy, yet pricey.


And now for the final member of today's list.


The Mercedes G Wagon.

Because when you're picking up your kid in the carpool line, bra-less, wearing last weeks pajamas, looking like you just crawled out of bed (because you did, because no one with kids actually gets any REAL sleep) and your daughter, her face covered in whatever sticky substance you were able to force down her at lunch, is screaming in the backseat, you have to have a $104,000 vehicle. If only to reassure yourself that parenting did not beat all your sense of style out of you with it's "mommy!, mommy!, mommy!, why not, what for, how come, do I have to?" club.