Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Couch Looks Comfy

I'm trying something new this week. Well, new for me anyway. I'm sure people less crazy than I have been doing it for years.

Elijah leaves this afternoon for a class. He'll be gone the rest of the week. Originally, since this means I have to take the week off of work, I thought that it'd be the perfect opportunity for me to work on some projects around the house. After all, I do have a to-do list much longer than my ability to be patient. My disease ridden weekend, however, made me realize that I probably needed rest more than I needed to organize the pantry or paint Amelia's playroom. So I decided that I would take a page from Elijah's book and do nothing more while he's away but care for the children.

Of course this meant that I had to spend yesterday cleaning the entire house and washing all ten loads of dirty laundry just to be sure I'd not be too anxious to actually spend some time sitting on the couch. Whatever, we all have bits of insanity...it's what makes us unique and interesting (I say to myself over and over in my head).

So here I go. Today marks my first day of being still. 8pm should find both kids in bed and me relaxing somewhere in my clean house with a glass (or bottle) of wine beside me.