Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday I'm In Love

Alright, I realize it's been quite some time since I did one of these posts. The truth is that I am hell bent on reducing our student loan debt this year. I'm all tunnel vision about debt reduction (which is the only reason I'm able to stand driving our 1994 shitbox of a car). The idea of posting about things I'm lusting to buy makes me feel...well, icky. Like window shopping, which I think is the suckiest of all pastimes.

But. However. The thing is.

We are still spending money to make our house homey and there are a ton of items I've seen that would make things just right. So, in the spirit of saving for, and buying with cash, only what you love, here is today's list.

Almost anything from the Etsy store WilliamDohman although my favorites are:



We are in serious need of coasters. But who thinks of buying coasters? I mean really, unless you're drinking, and then you're drinking so everything seems fairly good anyway, who sits around shopping for coasters. I think I've had these coasters from PaizleyPolkaDot on my Etsy favorites list for at least six months without pulling the trigger on the buy.



I love them, I just can't bring myself to buy them. I think I need to seriously reevaluate my propensity for martyrdom. Not buying these coasters is really only hurting myself, and possibly the beautifully handcrafted concrete tables I'm currently setting my sweaty beer bottles on.

This next thing doesn't really have much to do with home decor but it does make eating Chinese take-out more enjoyable. Especially since all our restaurants started using those stupid foil and plastic box containers. I only wish I could find some of these with the red designs on the side.

 
image via Amazon

So there you have it. Three things I'd love to splurge on. Hopefully I can squeeze some of them out of our budget in the near future.