Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Locavore

I was completely taken in by this book. I loved it. It's a bit overwhelming and a lot to process, but I absolutely bought into it. Because of this book we have started buying local. We're not crazy nuts about it, we just hit the local farmer's market (which is year round, by the way!) every Saturday we can. I'm big on meat and eggs. We buy produce as well, but I'm not obscene about it. I mean, they don't exactly sell locally grown pineapples in Texas!

Anyway, this book was amazing. It completely changed the way I feed my family and I'm so grateful to have read this. There is such a great message here. Especially, in it's discussion of the actual environmental implications of global organic farming. Must read. Cannot wait to start his other book, In Defense of Food.