Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Obligatory Bluebonnet Photos

(This is my blog, so I get top billing!)

Not being from Texas, I had no idea that Bluebonnet photos were such a big thing. We missed the flowers last year, not because we weren't here, but because, aside from the large fields along the highway, a thick spot of them are pretty hard to find. Also, they have a fairly short window of flowering time and sometimes the weather and the blooming of the Bluebonnets don't cooperate with each other. But I was determined to get the kids out and in the flowers this year!

I heard about this field from a friend, it was also suggested online and on Twitter (I wasn't leaving anything to chance) it was probably much thicker last weekend, but again, the weather wasn't favorable to pictures when we were available. Anyway, here is what we got, I think every shot I picked for this post is from Elijah's camera. Mine are adorable of course, but his are brilliant.  Enjoy!



 Asher kept Amelia occupied so Elijah & I
could get some shots together.